Friday, March 14, 2008

Thing 11: Tagging and Del.icio.us

Thanks to the Minitex webinar on del.icio.us that I viewed for an earlier Thing, I was able to hit the ground running on this one. And let me say that del.icio.us is quite possibly the handiest tool yet. I gave a tutorial on it for a non-librarian friend first thing this morning.

I began to tag earlier posts but it made Safari crash twice, so I will just tag from here on out. I also added Mary Ellen Bates' blog, "Librarian of Fortune" to the Minn23 del.icio.us account. She's my biggest librarian hero. I love her writing style and the way she presents information.

Del.icio.us is a great way to offer research to clients. (Mary Ellen wrote about it a few years ago, if my memory is correct.) A lot of times I just want people to be aware of certain websites for whatever problem they are working on and this is perfect for passing them on, along with why the sites are being passed on. But for non-researchers it is a good way to travel with bookmarks. That's how I sold it to my friend this morning. In essence, it's THE tool for the ultimate knowledge nomad.

No comments: